Prior to attending your appointment please ensure you comply with the following:
- You do not have a fever or flu-like symptoms;
- You have not been in contact with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 without reporting and being tested;
- You have not visited any high-risk areas or hot spots indicated, without reporting and being tested;
- You are not in quarantine or self-isolation;
- You have not recently travelled interstate or overseas without following Government mandatory quarantine, self-isolation and testing.
What measures are we taking to ensure our patients and staff safety?
- 2sqm rule in all our clinics based on the size of the premises;
- Maintaining recommended 1.5m social distancing in common areas;
- No unnecessary physical contact;
- No visitors permitted in clinics with the exception for guardians, carers, interpreters or if the therapist deem it necessary;
- Telehealth appointments offered to those patients deemed suitable;
- Continue rigorous cleaning procedures, including use of frequent hand sanitizer and hand washing for both staff and patients;
- The use of disposable clinic consumables;
- The use of medical grade PPE where appropriate;
- All patients and visitors screened and signed in on arrival at clinics;
- Promotion of cashless transactions;
Seeking treatment for your hand injury in a timely manner is imperative to achieving the best outcome. Our therapists will be able to discuss your treatment options that suit your needs. This will prevent risk of you developing complications such as persistent pain, weakness and stiffness, if your condition is left untreated.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us on 1300 887 798.
Thank you for your continued support and stay well!
Updated May 2021