Updated 7th December 2020
Prior to your appointment at Hand Works, please ensure you comply with the following:
- You have not travelled overseas or interstate from a current “low risk” state or territory within the last 14 days (these require quarantine or self isolation);
- You have not had contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- You do not currently have a fever or cough or possible contagious condition.
Screening is recommended by the Government of WA Dept of Health, for the prevention of COVID-19 spread in WA. As we operate by appointment only, there is no requirement to use the SafeWA tracking app to record patient information in addition to this screening.
Please limit the attendance of others at your appointment unless necessary and please be aware that all persons over 16 years will be required to complete the above screening and provide their details for Government tracing purposes.
Please limit the use of cash where possible, to further decrease unnecessary contact and possible transmission.
What measures are we taking to ensure our patients and staff are safe?
Physical and Social Distancing
- Maintaining recommended 1.5m social distance in common areas
- Maintaining a record of patient attendance including COVID-19 screening, for the purposes of contact tracing where appropriate
- No unnecessary physical contact.
- Hand sanitiser available in waiting area
- All therapists and patients wash/sanitise their hands before AND after entering the treatment room and during consultation when required
- All surface areas and equipment is cleaned thoroughly with hospital grade disinfectant between patients and regularly throughout the day
- The use of disposable clinic consumables
- Use of medical grade PPE where appropriate
- Promotion of cashless transactions.
Staff Training and Education
- All staff have completed mandatory infection control training and are provided with ongoing training and resources.
- Hand Works continues to comply with relevant existing legislation and regulations, including WorkSafe legislation.
- Plan in place to respond to an exposure or suspected exposure to COVID-19 within Hand Works.
What about patients who are in self-isolation or do not wish to visit our clinics?
For some people the safest place for their health is to isolate in their home and limit their movement in public areas. We offer confidential online consultations via video conferencing or telephone with a therapist. Not all patients are able to be seen remotely for consultation, however, your therapist will be able to discuss the best treatment option available to you.
When should a patient not attend a Hand Works clinic?
- If they are not feeling fit and well for the appointment
- If they have been in contact with someone who is either a confirmed case or probably case of COVID 19 in the last 14 days and have not been tested
- If they have travelled overseas or interstate from a current “low risk” state or territory within the last 14 days – these require quarantine or self-isolation.
Seeking treatment for your hand injury in a timely manner, is imperative to achieving the best outcome. Our therapists will be able to discuss available treatment options that suit your needs. This will prevent risk of you developing complications such as persistent pain, weakness and stiffness, if your condition is left untreated.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us on 1300 887 798.
Thank you for your continued support and stay well!